Ideas to make your wedding uniqueCategories Podcast. Real weddings. Wedding tips.
10 May, 2023
Most of our couples are party-lovers and want their wedding to be a super fun affair. But beyond that, they also want to make sure their wedding really reflects them with personal touches that makes it unique and not just another cookie cutter wedding.
On our wedding podcast, Project Engaged, we share some really cool ideas from our real clients to hopefully give you some inspiration for your own wedding planning!
We also summarise a few of the ideas in this blog, organised by different parts of your big day!
Listen to the episode on Project Engaged
Some fun tips from our real weddings!
- Serve cake and drinks with super upbeat tunes as guests arrive
- Dance down the aisle together as a couple and do a shot before you go down the aisle or halfway down
- Have flower men instead of flower girls
- Organise a witness raffle with your celebrant.
- Lawn games during cocktail hour (fun to keep the kids occupied too)
- Shots while signing your marriage certificates
- Have your bar provide signature cocktails – either your favourite drinks or special concoctions created just for your big day!
- Icebreaker game for your guests with a prize at the end. Make the questions about you, the couple!
- Ask your DJ to play fun tunes for your MC and speaker as they come up to the microphone
- Alternatives to cake cutting: cheese tower cutting (cut the cheese!) or pizza cutting!
- Stage a dramatic re-entrance into the reception after an outfit change
- Have fun with your bonbonieres, e.g. hangover kits
- Pick a bunch of songs from a time when you and all your friends went out and get your DJ to play a nostalgic “megamix”!
Check out more fun ideas from our non-traditional weddings by listening to these two Project Engaged episodes featuring our real couples:
- Real couple: A vibrant, vegan wedding at Glasshaus (Pia + Suny)
- Real couple: Big party vibes at Rupert on Rupert!
Photo credit: Nikki McCrone (taken of our gorgeous bride, Steph, who got changed into a red party dress for dancing time!).
Are you planning a fun, non-traditional wedding? Find a DJ that fits this vibe – get in touch with us via our Book a DJ page!